Exchanges & returns
Exchanging or returning an item couldn’t be easier. Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund and we’ll collect from your home, work or an alternative address.
You have 28 days from receiving your order to:
- Create your exchange or return here, or, if you are a registered user, by logging in your NET‑A‑PORTER account
- Take your return to your nearest drop off point or book your complimentary collection with DHL Express
- Send your purchase back to us
Items must be returned to us unused with all NET‑A‑PORTER tags and designer labels still attached. Returns that do not meet our policy will be sent back to you.
Need a different size or color?
- There’s no cost to exchange your purchase, although if you’re based outside the EU, taxes and duties are applicable. If you wish to try another style, simply return it for a store credit refund and purchase the new item separately
Returning your purchase
As soon as you've decided you'd like to exchange or return, you have 28 days from the date you received your order. Please follow the below steps:
- Create your exchange or return here. If you are a registered user, by logging in your NET‑A‑PORTER account under My Orders, select the order number containing the item(s) you would like to return.
- Click on the "CREATE EXCHANGE/RETURN" button and choose the reason for return. If you’d like an exchange, select your preferred size.
- Check the box to agree with our Return Policy. We’ll then send you an email with your return instructions.
- Sign the returns proforma invoice included in the box with your order. If you no longer have this, you can find a replacement PDF copy attached to your Dispatch Email. Seal your box before handing to the courier.
- Return your purchase:
a) Return for free at your nearest DHL Express service point. Please find your nearest drop-off point here
b) Book a free returns collection
Click on the link here or in your returns email. Make sure your country/region is correct in the top-right hand corner of the page and follow these steps:
- You will be asked if you need a DHL return label. Simply select ‘No’ followed by ‘Next’ as this would have been included with your initial order. If you don’t have a label please contact Customer Care for a new one.
- In the drop down select the DHL waybill to book your collection. The 10-digit waybill is located under the barcode of your printed returns label.
- Enter your collection address and any specific instructions for the driver.
- Add the weight of the parcel and the dimensions.
- Use the cursor arrows to select your preferred date and collection window.
You will receive an email (and SMS if signed up) once your collection is confirmed.
Simply call DHL Express on 707 505 606 or visit dhl.com to find the telephone number of your nearest DHL Express branch. Remember to quote our account number from your printed returns label.
To ensure your return is covered by our free returns policy and reaches us promptly, items must be returned from the same country to which they were delivered. Orders sent back from a different destination may incur additional charges or be delayed by customs.
We prefer that items are returned to us via our own service or nominated courier partners (UPS and DHL Express) so that they are protected and insured. If you are returning via DHL, please ensure you use DHL Express and not another third party, such as DHL Deutsche Post.
You can return using other third party providers, but we are unable to accept liability or responsibility for these. If you intend to do this, please send your return to the following address:
YOOX NET‑A‑PORTER GROUP, Via Privata Paolo Baffi 2, 27015, Landriano, Italy
Receiving a refund
You can choose to receive your refund either as store credit to your NET‑A‑PORTER account or back to the original payment method.
Please note that refunds can take up to 10 working days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers. Your shipping costs will be excluded unless the item is faulty or canceled under the ICACRs.
As your order will have been sent to a destination within the EU or the United Kingdom, all sales taxes will be refunded.
We offer a flexible returns policy to make your online shopping experience even easier. We do monitor the number of returns made by customers and continued returns in breach of our terms and conditions will be flagged and may, at our discretion, lead to the closure of your NET‑A‑PORTER account or future orders being refused.
All products must be returned in a new and unused state, in perfect condition, with all protective materials in place and the NET‑A‑PORTER and designer tags attached to them (if applicable). This includes all packaging, accessories and authenticity cards/dust bags. We reserve the right not to accept any return if the product shows signs of wear or has been used or altered from its original condition in any way or, as an alternative, may reduce the amount of any applicable refund or exchange accordingly.
For example, we may make a reduction in the following circumstances:
- the product(s) have been used, worn, damaged or washed;
- the designer and NET‑A‑PORTER tag are not attached to the product(s) or have not been returned. Please note that the NET‑A‑PORTER and designer tags constitute an integral part of each product; and/or
- you have not returned any packaging which is considered an integral part of a product (such as a dust bag).
You will be informed if we propose to reduce your refund for this reason. In this instance, you may (as an alternative to us providing you with a reduced refund) choose to have the products sent back to you at your own expense.
Bags & Accessories
All designer packaging such as authenticity cards, dust bags and leather tags should be included with your return.
Please handle light-colored bags and accessories carefully if you are still deciding whether you will be keeping the item. Please note that dark items of clothing can transfer dye to light-colored bags.
When trying on shoes, stand on a carpeted surface to protect the soles. Please return all items including the dust bag and shoebox. The shoebox forms part of the product and should remain intact by placing in outer packaging when sending back to us otherwise, it will not be accepted.
Beauty, Fragrance & Candles
Skincare, cosmetics and haircare must be returned unused, unopened, and in their original packaging. Please note that fragrance, nail polish, candles and aerosols are final sale and cannot be returned due to transport restrictions.
Lingerie & Swimwear
Briefs, swimsuits and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip.
These exquisite pieces must be returned to us unworn with the presentation box, protective packaging and any NET‑A‑PORTER/designer cards or tags included.
Luxury watches must be returned to us unworn with the plastic protective cover on the face and in its original packaging including the warranty, presentation box and any outer packaging. You must also ensure that it has not been wound up to the correct time. Watch bracelets that have been adjusted at your request must be returned with the exact same number of links as in the original delivery package.
Limited Edition Products & Books
As these items are highly collectible, please only remove the protective cover and packaging once you are certain that you wish to keep them.
Technology products should be returned in the original packaging.
To arrange a gift return, please email us for further assistance.
Your item(s) should be sent back to us within 28 days of receiving you order. Returns outside this timeframe may be accepted at the discretion of NET‑A‑PORTER and may only be refunded as a store credit.
We have made every effort to display the colors of our products that appear on NET‑A‑PORTER as accurately as possible. However, as computer monitors, tablets and mobile devices vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of a color will be completely accurate.